When questioned about gamecocks best age to fight , aficionado have various answers base on their opinion. Some reckon 8 months,
while others say 6 months!
The answers varies notably according to the breed orientation, scientific calculation and just belief or traditions.
A spar between a 6 months and 2 years old gamecocks would attest the advantage of the older cock. And what happens to the younger one? Well, there is a high chance that it will run away from the older gamecocks due to lack of fight experience and overwhelming strength. When a young ling learned that he can run away from a fight and use it as an option, you can expect it to do the same in the future.
One must know that roosters are naturally guided by its instinct. The best fighting age would be 2 years old on wards. At this age they are at their peak and fiercest to fight. Unlike the younger rooster, they are still developing their courage and instinct to fight. Professional breeders and cockers would be best to give you some tip based on their experience.
Remember, the most important aspect when considering game fowls readiness, is its fighting ability, endurance, aggressiveness and gameness starting from its young age of 6 months.
Tips on Pre-Conditioning Game fowl
Every aficionado are equipped with the knowledge and experience to know which is the best rooster to go for conditioning training. Those with proven and tested winning game fowls without any
sickness and injury are qualified. So make sure you picked the best roosters for conditioning before the fight.
The purpose of conditioning is to ensure the rooster is at its best fitness which is very similar to the boxes conditioning regime. Here are some methods on pre-conditioning that might help you. It may sound elementary but, that’s where it all starts—the basic.
1. Selecting a stags are crucial for beginners, so try getting opinions from people who is familiar with the trade or get more research on how to select the best. Here are some tip, the healthiest stag you have with complete tails, healthy weight and clear eyes for good vision would be some of the many things to look out for.
2. Next put your stags in an individual pen. The selected stags will now undergo in delousing and deworming. Delousing will remove all the parasites from their feathers. Immediately after rinsing, feed it with a deworming pill to remove intestinal worms. Then put an eye worm drops to get rid of worms that may cause their eyes to swell.
3. Dubbing, where the comb and wattle are removed to illuminate disadvantages. Because it may cover rooster’s eyes during sparing or worst is it can be caught by the opponent and cause to control the movement of your stag during battle. Don’t forget to spray wound disinfectant after dubbing.
4. Three days after deworming proceed to bacterial flushing by giving them another pill for killing bacteria. This will prevent your stag from diseases.
5. And then, inject vitamin B-complex to help them regain the energy. The pre-conditioning can be physically drainir your stag.
6. You can now proceed to mental conditioning. Where stags are trained to get familiar to the floor, s and noise.
7. Now feed them with pre-conditioning feeds. This will help your stag to get used to the feeds they will be eating during the conditioning stage. Make sure you pour the feeds on the grass. This will let your stag to absorb the minerals from the soil.
Each and every breeders have their own special way of telling if the roosters are ready to fight and providing the best preconditions training from their experience.
Pre-conditioning stags take a lot of effort and time. We have listed some of the very basics tips on pre-conditioning. Try it now !